By the steps of the Bulgarian Rose Oil
… Your daily life happens in an office, long hours at the computer, in an eternal competition with time and multitask. Tasks that never end, at work and at home.
… Sometimes you get the feeling you’re a programmed robot, which has no time to relax, to “waste time”…
Does this sound familiar? Do you sometimes feel like changing the pace, just like that, for a week? You do not have to compete with time, you do not have to justify and give explanations to anyone. Just be yourself and enjoy life …
If you think you need some of this, that change of pace and you are prepared to experience something totally different, relaxing, but both exciting, welcome to our program:“Re-discover yourself”
What do we offer?
- Disconnect from day to day in town – relax the body and mind, and renew your energies through the following:
- Pleasant and recreational treatments – swimming in hot springs pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, massage and therapeutic treatments according to individual needs and desires of each person;
- Time only for yourself – sleeping, meditating, absolute rest or rather “deserved rest and make vague remorseless”
- Light exercises and walks in nature
- Interesting and enriching cultural program, which involves merging visits to historical sites with the opportunity to join and participate in the current Bulgarian customs
- Combination of light and healthy food tasting traditional Bulgarian dishes and drinks, suitable for different tastes and preferences.
Transfer Sofia Airport – Hotel Sofia
Breakfast in the hotel: 7:30 – 8.00 h
Transfer Sofia – Koprivshtitsa – Hisaria: 4 hours
Visit the city of Koprivshtitsa. Trek around Koprivshtitsa. Duration 2-3 hours. We continue to Hisaria.
Accommodation in the “Gaitani” hotel located in street “Valley of Roses”
Hisaria back with time to relax or visit the city 16-19.30h (those who wish may make free use of the pool, Jacuzzi, sauna or Turkish bath or PAYING therapeutic massage, pearl bath, mud therapy of sea, etc.)
Breakfast at the hotel: 8-9 h
Visit the “House of Crafts” in the village Staro Zhelezare (located 13 km from Hisaria): 10-11 h
Visit the Thracian tomb in Starosel village (located 13 km from Staro Zhelezare): 11-11.30h
Wine tasting at the Wine Bar of Starosel: 13-15h
Hisaria back with time to relax or visit the city 16-19.30h (those who wish may make free use of the pool, jacuzzi, sauna or Turkish bath or PAYING therapeutic massage, pearl bath, mud therapy of sea, etc.)
Attention: Tonight we go to bed early!
Picnic breakfast in the hotel: 5-6 h
Transfer to Karnare village
Participation in the collection of roses in the village Karnare (16 km from Karlovo) – familiarity with the technology of collecting roses “rozobrane”: 6.30-11.00 h
Rest and time to walk and photos: 11-12h
Demonstration of “rozovarene” (method of extraction / distillation of oil roses) and techniques used in some of the factories distillation of the area: 14.00-16.00h
Return to hotel and free time (if circumstances permit may use the hotel spa): 17-19.30h
Attention: We went to bed early!
Picnic breakfast in the hotel: 5-6h
Participation in the collection of roses in the village Karnare (16 km from Karlovo): 6.30-11h
Rest and time to walk and photos: 11.00-12.00 h
Food in “House of Crafts” in the village Karnare (2 km from where roses are collected): 12.30-13.30 h
Demonstration and woodcarving workshop with the artisan Boian: 14.00-16.00 h
Participation in “The Feast of the Rose” and parade: 16.00-19.00 h
Attention: We went to bed early!
Transfer to Shipka Monastery. Visit the monastery.
Transfer to Bachkovo Monastery. Hiking around to the cave where appeared the miraculous icon of the Virgin. Duration: 2-3 hours
Departure to Plovdiv and accomodation at the hotel
Walk down the main street and dinner in the city center
Breakfast at hotel: 8-9H
Visit the ancient city of Plovdiv: 9.30-13.30h
Travel to Sofia: 14.30-16.30h
Accomodation at the hotel: 17 h
Free time to see the city or shopping: 17.30-19.30h
Farewell dinner: 20.30-22.30h
Breakfast at the hotel: 8-9H
Sightseeing in the historic center of Sofia
Transfer to the airport (depending on the time of departure)
At the end if you are still in doubt, here are some reasons for taking this decision 🙂
2. Damascene rose oil – you will be part of the process, in which in one month in the year is collected more than 70% of the harvest of rose oil worldwide. You will approach this brave production of raw material, which for centuries is made by hand, in the same way
3. The mineral springs and their healing power – Bulgaria ranks second in Europe by number of mineral springs, after Iceland. Each has different components and properties. And Hisaria, the place to give our body and soul a well deserved rest, worked as a health resort in Roman times, was famous for curing all kinds of diseases. As is known, the Romans were well aware of the therapeutic properties of the hot springs, so we can trust it.
4. The history and traditions of the Valley of Roses also known as “The Valley of the Thracian Kings” – you will approach the grandeur of the Thracian civilization, and you can also join some interesting Bulgarian customs, which are kept alive until today. You will participate in the “Rose Festival” in the tasting of fine wines and try unique dishes of traditional cuisine.
5. Plovdiv – older than Athens, Rome or Constantinople city. Founded by the Thracians, to date it remains the cultural capital of Bulgaria, with its wonderful Old Town, the well-preserved Amphitheater, the multitude of theaters, operas and cultural events that are part of the daily life of the city.
Included in the price:
English speaking guide by TREKKINGBG. Bed and Breakfast. Food in “House of Crafts” in the village Karnare. Wine tasting in Starosel. Two days of collection of roses. Demonstration of distillation of rose essence. Woodcarving demonstration. Two days of hiking. Visits to Shipka and Bachkovo monasteries. All transfers in the country.
Not included in price:
Excursions or visits in cities unspecified; tickets to the places to visit museums or other entertainment sites; personnel trekking equipment; personal extras like drinks, laundry, telephone etc .; tips; airline tickets and air rates; any other item not mentioned as included.